Loopy

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bend It Like Beckham

I definitely would! ye know what I mean. What more do you want? two fit birds playing football and not being arsey like girls can be, until they start falling out over some bloke who coaches them.
I didn't realise at the time I was watching, but this was Keira Knightley's first movie. Well done girl!
The only bit that confused me was the casting of some Irish dude as the coach. Can't really see how this made sense, unless he was put in there for the bit where the young Indian girl was spouting off about the limits placed on her by her culture and the Irish dude lets on to identify with her dilemma. Gimme a break - those Irish dudes have been having it easy for years. More beatings, I say. I know an Irish dude who drives around in a fast orange car and lives in a big four-bed house. I'm not believing a word of it - no way !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home